SOY SAUCES AND OTHER SAUCES RECENT ALERT FROM THE FSA:
LEVELS OF 3-MCPD IN SOY SAUCE AND OTHER SAUCES
Statement from S.W. Trading Limited
Head Office & Distributions
283 Water Road
Middlesex HA0 1HX
Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce
You might recall that in September 1999 the Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food first
raised concern over the high level of 3-MCPD on a number of soy sauce and oyster sauces.
Our appointment as a sole distributor of Pearl River Bridge soy sauce in October 1999 ensured that from that time
independent batch sampling analysis has confirmed that levels of 3-MCPD are always within the UK and
Our customers can be assured that the very high quality and safety of this product maufactured by the largest soy sauce
company in China. Indeed Guangdong Foodstuff Import and Export (Group) Corporation, to
protect their name and reputaion undertook a completely new labelling and bottling exercise.
All genuine Pearl River Bridge Brand soy sauce labels show:
1. "Imported by S.W. Traing Ltd, London"
2. There is a red and white GDFK logo at the bottom of the label
3. Product name appears on the label in four lanuages: Chinese, English, French and German
4. At the base of the bottle it states:
"GUANDONG FOODSTUFFS I/E (GROUP) CORP."
5. At the bottom of the bottle it shows : "PEARL RIVER BRIDGE BRAND"
6. There is an ultra-violet (UV) surface on the label for protection aginst counterfeiting
7. Batch number is shown on the top right hand side of the label
8. There is a band on the neck of the bottle showing repeated designs of the GDFK logo.
S.W. Trading Ltd 22nd June 2001
All sauces can be bought with confidence from Wing Lee Hong Co. Ltd.
Back to Main Statement
Statements issued by manufacturers and importers:
Lee Kum Kee Sauces
S.W. Trading Limited: Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce